We missed the excitement of the Social Media Marketing World conference but that doesn’t mean we missed the learning! Our Chief Executive Research Dude and official Boots on the Ground, Ian Anderson Gray, joins us to share some of the highlights that everyone can take away.
In This Episode We Talk About
- The value of conferences even if you can't quantify it in terms of ROI – because you can't put a price tag on the value of making connections with people
- What to do when you get hate mail, posts, tweets or comments
- How and when to address complaints about your business
- Drawing the line between responding to valid complaints and knowing when haters are just hating
- Understanding the difference between off-stage complaints and on-stage complaints and why having haters may be a good thing
- The importance of being yourself online, even though it sounds like a cliché
- How the "go for it" mentality will help you get past the fear of moving forward
- Whether content is killing social.... or social is killing content
- Plus we talk about the value of sharing your thoughts with others, knowing you don’t have to “go it alone”, how a mastermind can help keep you accountable and we hear Ian say “jolly hockey sticks” – well worth the price of admission!
Links & Resources
Your Marketing Take-Aways
Ian gave us the top 3 things you can take away from the conference and apply to your own business:
- When in doubt, just go for it. Get rid of the doubts and fears because you never know what magic you can do.
- Be yourself. You want customers to get to know the real you because you want customers who enjoy working with you.
- Hug your haters. Turn your haters into your biggest advocates.
Subscribe to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.